Elected Official Members
The Open to All coalition includes a growing movement of elected officials from around the United States who are taking a stand against discrimination in their cities and states.
If you are an elected official and would like to sign on in support of Open to All, take the pledge! Click here to learn more.
OPEN TO ALL ELECTED OFFICIAL MEMBERS
Take a stand for nondiscrimination in their city or state and work to create a welcoming and safe environment for all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, immigration status, religion or disability.
Oppose discrimination against individuals or denial of goods or services based on any of these characteristics, and to work to ensure businesses provide all goods and services to everyone on the same terms.*
*Nothing in this pledge prevents a business from following applicable employment laws with regards to work authorization.
Engage businesses in your communities and invite them to sign the Open to All pledge. Open to All can provide you with resources, information and window clings for supportive businesses in your city or state. For more information, visit Business.OpenToAll.com
Join the Local Electeds Against Discrimination (LEAD) taskforce and come together with municipal elected officials from across the country to share ideas, best practices, and strategies for creating nondiscrimination policies and practices in local communities and/or contribute feedback and input into the development of model policies.
Municipal Elected Officials
- Felix Rivera AssemblymemberAnchorage, AK
- Carmen Chu SF AssessorSan Francisco, CA
- David Chiu Assembly memberSan Francisco, CA
- Frances Hsieh SF Democratic County Central CommitteeSan Francisco, CA
- James Chang Rent Stabilization Board MemberBerkeley, CA
- Jose Cisneros TreasurerSan Francisco, CA
- Kathleen Dooley Small Business CommissionerSan Francisco, CA
- Lenny Siegel MayorMountainview, CA
- Libby Schaaf MayorOakland, CA
- London Breed MayorSan Francisco, CA
- Peter Gallotta Member, San Francisco Democratic County Central CoSan Francisco, CA
- Pratima Gupta Vice Chair San Francisco Democratic PartySan Francisco, CA
- Rafael Mandelman SupervisorSan Francisco, CA
- Rob Bonta AssemblymemberOakland, CA
- Scott Wiener SenatorSan Francisco, CA
- Tom Temprano Vice President, City College of San Francisco BoarSan Francisco, CA
- Donna Lynne Former Lieutenant GovernorDenver, CO
- John Hickenlooper Former GovernorDenver, CO
- Michael Hancock MayorDenver, CO
- Robin Kneich CouncilmemberDenver, CO
- Carlos Guillermo Smith State RepresentativeOrlando, FL
- Ryan Morales FL House District 32 CandidateClermont, FL
- Shawn Williams Affordable Housing Committee MemberFort Myers, FL
- Park Cannon House of RepresentativesAtlanta, GA
- Tari Renner MayorBloomington, IL
- Thomas McNamara MayorRockford, IL
- Cheryl Kagan State SenatorRockville, MD
- Patrick Wojahn MayorCollege Park, MD
- Gail Infurna MayorMelrose, MA
- Gary Christenson MayorMalden, MA
- Jack Lewis State RepresentativeFramingham, MA
- Christopher Taylor MayorAnn Arbor, MI
- Lisa Bunker State RepresentativeExeter, NH
- Jessica Floyd MayorWoodbury, NJ
- Michael Sabatino City Council Majority LeaderYonkers, NY
- Scott Stringer ComptrollerNew York, NY
- Steve Napier Cohoes City CouncilCohoes, NY
- Allison Dahle State RepresentativeRaleigh, NC
- Damon Seils AldermanCarrboro, NC
- Judy Justice New Hanover County School BoardWilmington, NC
- Lydia Lavelle MayorCarrboro, NC
- Steve Schewel MayorDurham, NC
- Emily Virgin State RepresentativeOklahoma, OK
- Jesse Gantt School Board Vice PresidentHarrisburg, PA
- Brett Withers Metropolitan CouncilmemberNashville, TN
- Bill Lippert State RepresentativeHinesbury, VT
- Allison Silberberg MayorAlexandria, VA
- Monica Nemeth CommissionerWashington, DC
- Mike Wiza MayorStevens Point, WI
- Paul Soglin MayorMadison, WI
If you are a municipal elected official and would like to sign on in support of Open to All on behalf of your region, please fill out the form through the button below.
TAKE THE ELECTED OFFICIALS PLEDGE
Sign the pledge to let your constituents and community know that you support Open to All
Please disable your pop-up blocker to sign the pledge and confirm your signature.
SPREAD THE WORD
Order window clings and a toolkit to reach out to local businesses. Ask them to sign the Open to All pledge and show their support publicly!
OPEN TO ALL ON YELP
Let supportive businesses know about Yelp’s new “Open to All” attribute and encourage them to check the box!
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Help spread the word about Open to All by sharing the images and videos linked below on social media using #OpenToAll
Add your voice to the growing chorus of Americans who reject discrimination! Be a part of the Open to All campaign!